Last Updated: February 10, 2021
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you register to participate in our programs, subscribe to our mailing list, make a donation, sign up to volunteer or otherwise get involved, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Site, send us a message through the Site, communicate with us via third-party platforms, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, demographic information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Site, we may automatically collect information about you, including log information and device information. The information we collect includes information about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, user agent, unique device identifiers, browser you use as well as your activity on our Site, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
We and our service providers may also use tracking technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information when you visit our Site. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are electronic images that may be used on our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see the Your Choices section below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain and improve our Site and to continue to serve our community. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide and deliver our programs and services, and send you related information;
- Request feedback and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions and requests;
- Send you newsletters and alerts and otherwise provide you with information you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you emails about upcoming events;
- Process donations;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation.
- If we believe that your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of SEADC, our employees, volunteers, or others.
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
166 Eddy St.
San Francisco, CA 94102